Food Bank face to face services are suspended at present so please do not come to Holmfirth Library or Holmfirth Methodist Church.
We are delivering emergency Food Bags to anyone in crisis in Holme Valley.
If you need an emergency Food Bag delivery please let us know by text 07534 855332 or private message via Food Bank Volunteers (Holme Valley) Facebook page @foodbankvolunteers or email email@example.com Please don’t be embarrassed to ask for help. We are a confidential service, we understand and we care.
• Already have one of our vouchers? please include your voucher number and your first name at the top of your message.
• Don’t have a voucher? Please let us have your first name and we will provide you with a number. These 2 pieces of information will help us keep track of your delivery.
• Let us know how many people there are in your house, if you are a family with children, the ages of your children. There is no need to disclose any other information about your family.
• Please give us your full address and postcode. This will help us to find your home more easily. The food will be left on your doorstep and we will alert you.
• Delivery will be every Tuesday
• Requests for delivery must be placed by 6pm Sunday. This service is for people in crisis who need help from Holme Valley Foodbank.
There is separate assistance if you are in isolation or shielding and need help with shopping or emotional support, you can contact Holme Valley Mutual Aid on 01484 212056 or firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you to all our volunteers and supporters who make all this possible.
Our aim is to support people in greatest need in the Holme Valley with an emergency food bag. We help people in need to fill the gap before more permanent arrangements can be made to make sure they have sufficient resources.
Holme Valley South Emergency Hardship Fund
The Holme Valley South Emergency Hardship Fund that has been initiated by Cllr Paul Davies, in partnership with Longley Farm and Holmfirth Tech, is open for applications. The purpose of the fund is to support those residents living within the Holme Valley South district ward, who have an immediate financial need as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic. Specifically, the grant is aimed at those who find themselves unable to cover basic necessities, such as food, heating, housing, or childcare, that cannot otherwise be addressed by the existing benefits system or the various Covid-19 government support packages. For more information on the fund, and to access the application form, follow the link https://holmfirthtech.wildapricot.org/page-18140
The Welcome Centre
The Welcome Centre foodbank and more 15 Lord Street Huddersfield HD1 1QB 01484 515086
A referral is required to obtain assistance from The Welcome Centre. To obtain a referral you can contact:
- Kirklees Local Welfare Provision Team 01484 414782
- Any support service you are already involved with such as your GP, Housing Services, Lifeline, Connexions, Social Worker, CPN etc who can call The Welcome Centre direct on the referral line which is 01484 340034
- Go to The Mission Cafe at the Huddersfield Methodist Mission, 3-13 Lord Street, Huddersfield HD1 1QA. They have Advice Workers on site Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. (arrive by 1.30 p.m.) who offer advice, support and can refer you to The Welcome Centre and other specialist services.
The Welcome Centre is a small registered charity that provides practical, short-term support to help local people who are in crisis and who have been referred by a front-line service in Kirklees. It offers basic essentials such as food, toiletries, household items and bedding as well as a listening ear and information about where to get further help.
The Welcome Centre also provides opportunities and support for volunteers and try to help them to find meaningful employment.
Kirklees Citizens Advice and Law Centre
Kirklees Citizens Advice and Law Centre can provide advice on a number of issues including benefits, Universal Credit and housing. 0344 848 7970 Mon-Fri 0900 – 1630hrs
Uniform Exchange has FREE school uniform available for Kirklees residents. The majority of the items donated are second-hand and in good condition. There are also a number of items donated which are brand new.
Local Energy Advice Partnership LEAP
LEAP is working in close partnership with Local Authorities and Housing Associations across the country to offer eligible residents a completely FREE energy and money saving service. LEAP can help to save you money AND keep your home warm and cosy.
LEAP offers a free of charge in-home advice visit. LEAP’s Home Energy Advisors can:
- install free simple energy saving measures such as LED light bulbs and draught-proofing
- check if you’re on the best energy tariff via their dedicated energy switching service
- arrange a free money advice consultation
- help you find funding for further energy-saving home improvements.
The eligibility requirements of LEAP are designed to target households that either are already in, or are at risk of falling into fuel poverty. It is open to all types of householders – homeowners, private renters and social housing tenants.
You can apply now, for you or somebody else by clicking the Apply Now button or by phoning (FREE) 0800 060 7567.
Call centre opening hours:
8:45am – 7:00pm Monday to Friday
9:00am-12:00pm on Saturdays
Turn2us is a national charity helping people when times get tough. It has a benefits calculator, a grants search and information on what support is availablele.
The Streetbikes recycling initiative is currently unique to the area of Kirklees. It aims to address the issues of getting more people to use bikes as a mode of transport and for leisure at grassroots level.
Contact Streetbikes 01484 654530 for general enquiries and to apply for a recycled bike.
Other local foodbanks
Full Life Church Thongsbridge