Helping during Covid19
As people in the Holme Valley face the challenges around Covid19 we are helping more people than ever before with emergency food bags.
Our current donation points are:
- Holmfirth Co-op
- Sainsbury’s Local, Holmfirth
- Scholes Stores and Post Office
- Wooldale Co-op
- Bargain Booze Holmfirth
- Yorkshire Building Society Holmfirth
We really appreciate everyone’s continued support and thoughtfulness. People support us in different ways, some donate food, some donate money, others help us to raise awareness by sharing and liking our messages on social media. Thank you Holme Valley!
How can you help Holme Valley Foodbank?
Organise a regular collection at your local group or workplace
Our current needs
Out top needs just now – tinned food – if you’re able, donate one of these items we would be really very grateful.
Thanks to your generosity as of 10 May 2020 we currently have enough pasta, tinned beans, tinned soup.
Sorry but we cannot accept home made items or out of date food.
We have many supporters around the Holme Valley who assist us by hosting our collection tins which look like this
- Collection tins are dotted around the #HolmeValley including: The Nook The Postcard Inn Magic Rock Tap Charlesworth’s Poppies Café HV hospital Scholes Post Office Holmfirth library Wooldale Co-op Your Nuts The Pickled Pheasant
- Alternatively you can send a cheque to: Food Bank Volunteers (Holme Valley) c/o Pi Partners Ltd, Suite 3, Victoria Court, 91 Huddersfield Road, Holmfirth HD9 3JA
- or set up a Standing Order, you can download the Standing Order form here.
- Please contact us if you would like to make a one off donation by bank transfer.
Organise a regular collection
We really need regular food donations all year round. Did you know the need for emergency food packs actually exceeds the amount of food we receive in donations each week?
Regular support from a social group or a workplace group is invaluable to us as it bolsters the food donations we receive from individuals.
If you’d like to find out more about becoming a regular supporter of Holme Valley Foodbank please contact Liz 07534 855 332 and leave a message.
Volunteer – we have enough volunteers at present thank you!
We can only do what we do because of our excellent volunteers. Did you know that Holme Valley Foodbank is run entirely by volunteers?
What our volunteers do:
- sort the donations and pack the food bags.
- collect the food from the donation points and take it to our packing area.
- run our sessions giving out food bags to those in need.
- look after our social media and website.
- design and produce our newsletters and posters.
Do you need our help? Find out more about how we can help you here
updated 3 June 2020
Holme Valley Foodbank| Holmfirth