Helping in 2020
As people in the Holme Valley face the challenges around Covid19 we are helping more people than ever before with emergency food bags.
If you can help us with a donation we would be really grateful.
Good news! Between now and 31st January, all your online donations will have double the impact. Any money you donate online will be matched by One Community and the Match It fund.
That means that your generous donations are worth twice as much to us.
Food Donation points
Our current food and toiletry donation points are:
- Holmfirth Co-op
- Sainsbury’s Local, Holmfirth
- Scholes Stores and Post Office
- Wooldale Co-op
- Bargain Booze Holmfirth
- Yorkshire Building Society Holmfirth
We really appreciate everyone’s continued support and thoughtfulness. People support us in different ways, some donate food, some donate money, others help us to raise awareness by sharing and liking our messages on social media. Thank you Holme Valley!
How can you help Holme Valley Foodbank?
Organise a regular collection at your local group or workplace
Share our messages on social media
Our current needs
Out top needs just now – tinned food – if you’re able, donate one of these items we would be really very grateful.
Thanks to your generosity as of 29 September 2020 we currently have enough pasta, tinned beans, tinned soup.
Sorry but we cannot accept home made items or out of date food.
You can now support us with one off or regular donations online – just click the green button below!
We also have many supporters around the Holme Valley who assist us by hosting our collection tins which look like this
- Collection tins are dotted around the #HolmeValley including: The Nook The Postcard Inn Magic Rock Tap Charlesworth’s Poppies Café HV hospital Scholes Post Office Holmfirth library Wooldale Co-op Your Nuts The Pickled Pheasant
- Alternatively you can send a cheque to: Food Bank Volunteers (Holme Valley) c/o Pi Partners Ltd, Suite 3, Victoria Court, 91 Huddersfield Road, Holmfirth HD9 3JA
- or set up a Standing Order, you can download the Standing Order form here.
- Please contact us if you would like to make a one off donation by bank transfer.
Organise a regular collection
We really need regular food donations all year round. Did you know the need for emergency food packs actually exceeds the amount of food we receive in donations each week?
Regular support from a social group or a workplace group is invaluable to us as it bolsters the food donations we receive from individuals.
If you’d like to find out more about becoming a regular supporter of Holme Valley Foodbank please contact Liz 07534 855 332 and leave a message.
Share our messages on Social Media
updated 6 November 2020